What you'll need:
17 grams (about 2 -1/2 tablespoons) freshly ground fine-medium Shooke Coffee Beans.
220 grams (a bit less than 1 cup) hot water (195-200°F)
- Add a paper filter to the cap, then rinse.
- Put the filter cap on the tube and place the tube on top of the mug (filter-cap down).
- Place your coffee grounds in the Aeropress and lightly shake to settle.
- Add a small amount of hot water at first, just enough to cover the grounds, then wait 20 seconds.
- Slowly add the rest of the hot water (about a quarter of an inch from the top).
- Stir the grounds with the included stirring stick.
- Place the plunger on top of the tube, sealing it off, and let the coffee brew for 30 seconds.
- Slowly push the plunger down, with steady pressure. If you feel resistance, stop for a second. Once you hear a hissing sound, you can stop. This should take approximately 20-30 seconds.
- Grind finer if the coffee tastes to acidic, grind courser if it’s too bitter.
- For a stronger/heavier brew, add more coffee (+1g), or for a weaker/lighter brew, use less coffee (-1g).